Here is a slow cooker appetizer using frozen meatballs and apricot preserve.
- You can use apricot jelly if you can’t find preserves.
- Substitute Turkey meatballs if you like but decrease the cooking time by 30 minutes so as not to dry the turkey.
- No need to thaw the meatballs when cooking this dish.
- 1 1/2 cup apricot preserve
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 3 pounds frozen meatballs
Combine preserve, tomatoes and onion soup mix in a large bowl. Toss in meatballs and stir making sure they are coated with apricot glaze. Transfer to slow cooker and cook on high for 3 hours. Serve.