Tired of the typical ground beef or shredded beef Tacos? How about something different – Carne Asada.
- If Skirt Steak is too expensive, use Flap Steak.
- Don’t marinate for more than an hour as the acid from the lime can start “cooking” the meat. Needless to say, this dish can be ready in less than 1 hour depending on how long you marinate.
- Corn tortillas are what tacos are traditionally served with but if you prefer flour, go for it.
- Be creative with other fillings you use. Don’t limit yourself with tomatoes and cheese. Radish adds a great flavor to these tacos. I love some chimichurri with my steak tacos.
- This recipe is good for up to 20 tacos, just depending on how much you use for filling.
- 1 small onion quartered
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped with no stems
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice, about 2 limes
- 1 Tbsp Adobo seasoning
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 20 corn tortillas
Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor and puree to create a marinade. Marinate steak in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to up to 1 hour. Pre-heat grill to medium. Grill each side for 6 minutes, flipping every 3 minutes to prevent charring. Remove from grill and let steak sit under a tent cover for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve on individual tortillas.